Fred Wambugu Maina
Nickname: 'French Freddy'
Social Media Advisor, Social Agropreneur
Currently resides in: Nairobi, Kenya
Working as an Independent Information Management Consultant has opened up my world to endless possibilities. Self-motivated and ready to take initiative, I am now pioneering the implementation of viable ideas, in a literary sense as well as in new ventures.
I have become better placed to work as part of a team towards the achievement of any predetermined goals.
I am an effective communicator at all levels with great problem solving and human relational skills.
- Keen to ensure that provision of quality services is achieved at optimum resource use, and to motivate at least one person towards the implementation of the Kenya Vision 2030 in their own individual capacity.
Moi Avenue, Nairobi, Kenya
Personal Assistant to the CEO | True North Leadership
2012 - 2012
• Blogging and Microblogging to connect with potential partners and stakeholders
• Preparing and delivering presentations on Seld-leadership and its importance to Social Media
• Cultivating and executing Networking opportunities for the CEO and for True North Leadership
• Liaising with and answering inquiries from media, individuals and other organizations, often via telephone and email
• Writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
• Collating and analyzing media coverage; coming up with media monitoring reports
• Writing and editing in-house magazines, newsletters, proposals, profiles, speeches, and articles
• Preparing and supervising the production of marketing materials (fliers, brochures)
• Devising and coordinating photo opportunities, taking relevant event photos and maintaining a Photo-library
• Organizing events including press conferences, trainings, coaching sessions, exhibitions, open days and CSR Initiatives
• Maintaining, supervising and updating information on the organization's website and Social Media Accounts
Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations
In charge of the only platform providing valuable information to Kenyans on the 2012 General Election candidates. Passionately informing your decision for a better Kenya. Your Say Counts
Online Media, Internet and E-Commerce
Basically manage any information clients need, be that for the purpose of presentation, research, French translation or web content management. Currently running a personal blog and managing a few others as well.
Academia, Education and Training
As part of the Moi University French Club (Eldoret Main Campus) and In collaboration with the Alliance Francaise Eldoret, tutored University students in 3 levels of French - Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced.
Repackaging information to suit the style and needs of clientele; including lecturers, students, AIESEC and Rotary
Starehe Boys' Centre & School, Nairobi, Kenya (2005)
2007 - 2011
Bachelor of Science in Information Sciences - Publishing and Media Studies
2006 - 2007
Diplome de Langue Francaise - French
2002 - 2005
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Studies - Theory